R.I.P. Wayne Static [Static-X]

To the question about how he met his wife Tera Wray:

"Tera was modelling for Hustler on Ozzfest 2007. She brought me my shot on stage and told the audience she masturbates to me every day."


Sad times for all fans of Static-X. Wayne Static (†48) was found dead in his bedroom last Saturday morning. Not much details have been revealed, but he appears to have died in his sleep. The whole metal scene is making tributes and leaving the best of wishes to his family


Wayne with his band Static-X were pioneers of the so called Industrial Metal in the early 2000's. They called my attention back in the day when I was starting to listen Metal, they were one of my first favourites with bands like Disturbed or Coal Chamber. I haven't stopped listening to them since I first heard Wisconsin Death Trip... damn that song is awesome.


He was about to play tomorrow in Denver with Powerman 5000, another band I've been listening for ages. I hope they make a worthy live tribute on stage.

All who knew or listened to him will miss him and his music.



 
 
JACOBY SHADDIX of Papa Roach, via Instagram:
 
"RIP WAYNE.... THIS IS SO SAD. TOO MANY MUSICIANS ARE DYING FROM OVERDOSES. I'M SERIOUS, ADDICTION IS REAL AND TAKES FOOLS OUT. NO ONE IS INVINCIBLE. SO GLAD I LIVE A SOBER LIFE TODAY. THE NUMBER OF FRIENDS I HAVE LOST TO ADDICTION IS CRAZY. IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING WITH ADDICTION, GET SOME HELP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. I KNOW DRUGS AND PARTYING ARE PART OF THE "rock n roll lifestyle," BUT DAMN HOW MANY MORE GOTTA DIE? FUCK THE LIFESTYLE, I WANT LIFE! SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE, WAYNE..."


Cheers

DHR_000x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here i am, and im planning to stay

Middle Earth - Shadow of War

Zorak [Lineage II]